A four day Halloween celebration in Big Sky Town Center. This all ages event is filled with traditional holiday activities, films, music and great Fall fun.
Below is our tentative itinerary of holiday events. Last updated Oct. 28.
ALL OCT. 2022
- To help Big Sky get into the Halloween spirit our neighbors at The Independent MT are hosting a month long HorrorFest. This October, enjoy a frightfully good lineup of classic scary movies. Catch a show every night, October 7-20 at 8 PM. Full HorrorFest film lineup here.
FRIDAY OCT. 28
- Skull & Roses Ball: Dead Sky and the Arts Council of Big Sky invites you to the Skull and Roses Ball at the Independent at 9PM. The Ball will include a costume competition with CASH prizes awarded to dedicated costume categories. Themed drinks, photo opportunities, and a whole lot of Grateful Dead will be adorning the halls of the Independent. Tickets are sold out for this event.
- Haunted Peaks Geocache Mystery Day 1 Presented by Second Season: Follow the clues and solve mysteries to win hidden prizes all weekend long. Simply be one of the first 10 groups to message Big Sky Town Center on Facebook or Instagram to register your team and get your first clue.
SATURDAY OCT. 29
- 3rd Annual Haunted Run 5K & Block Party Presented By Moving Mountains Fitness: Rock your favorite costume and brave 5k of terror and fun Halloween themed challenges hosted by Moving Mountains with help from Beehive Basin Brewery and Steele Pressed Juice. Race starts at 1 PM. Packet pick up and registration will be located at Moving Mountains and ends at 12:15 PM. We are working to move the race from the roads to trails this year. Please be on time for registration so we can get our event started promptly at 1pm. Check back for route info announcement. The race will finish at Moving Mountains. Afterwards, enjoy live music, food and beverages, a costume contest and Halloween fun for the whole family courtesy of our Town Center East end businesses. Register here.
- Haunted House Presented By Lone Mountain Land Co. & Big Sky Real Estate: Spooky adventures await those brave enough to enter. See poltergeists, vampires, werewolves and more. All proceeds go towards the good work of the Big Sky Discovery Academy. Open 12-6 PM at Choppers located at 77 Lone Peak Dr.
- Monster Mash Presented By BASE: Get the family together for an evening of costumed fun. Enjoy traditional Halloween activities, arts and crafts, a scary movie, food and beverages, and more. Party from 6-9 PM. Don’t forget to bring your best pumpkin design for a chance to win the 2022 Pumpkin King & Queen Carving Competition. Bring your pre-carved pumpkins with battery operated votives to our team’s booth at BASE to enter the contest. Our team of celebrity judges will pick their favorite designs and crown the Pumpkin King & Queen at 8 PM (NOTE: Get your pumpkins at the Annual Great Pumpkin Giveaway Food Drive going on now through Halloween day. Stop in the Big Sky Visitor’s Center and make a donation to get your pumpkin: 10 lbs or cans/pumpkin and preferred items include soup, rice, beans, canned/boxed meals).
- Haunted Peaks Dance Party At The Independent MT: Get dressed up and boogie down to the spooky sounds of local DJ’s Jenn-N-Juice and Take-A-Chance. Enjoy drink specials, costume contests and more. Music starts at 9 PM.
- Costume Contest & Halloween Party Presented By 406 Agave: Join the party at Blue Buddha Sushi for their annual Halloween party. Cash prize of $1000 for first place in their costume contest. Many other prizes will be awarded. Enjoy drink specials, music by DJ Moe Jazz and more. $10 general admission and $50 VIP tickets (includes drink tickets, access to the Drunken Monk lounge and more). Costumes are required. 9 PM-Close.
- Haunted Peaks Window Display Competition Day 2: Stroll through downtown and admire the spooky creativity of local merchants and artists as they decorate their stores for our annual windows and displays competition. Vote for your favorites by scanning the QR code at participating businesses. Note: they may be located on the window display or inside at the register. Cast your vote by 10 PM Sunday, Oct. 30. Winners will be announced Halloween day on Town Center’s Instagram and Facebook.
- Haunted Peaks Geocache Mystery Day 1 Presented By Second Season: PLEASE NOTE this event has been shortened to Saturday and Sunday. Follow the clues and solve mysteries to win hidden prizes all weekend long. Simply be one of the first 10 groups to message Big Sky Town Center on Facebook or Instagram to register your team and get your first clue.
SUNDAY OCT. 30
- Yappy Hour Presented By The Rocks: Costume contest and happy hour for people and pets from 2-4 PM at Fire Pit Park across from The Rocks. Win prizes from our panel of pet friendly celebrity judges, enjoy drink specials, treats, and help raise funds and awareness for RUFF (local nonprofit providing vital veterinary care to the underserved members of the Big Sky community).
- Dia De Los Muertos: Join us for Big Sky’s annual Dia De Los Muertos celebration. Come build ofrendas, place votives and celebrate the memories of our departed loved ones together. Enjoy face painting and sample traditional cuisine. 4-7 PM at Len Hill Park.
- Haunted Peaks Window Display Competition Day 3: Stroll through downtown and admire the spooky creativity of local merchants and artists as they decorate their stores for our annual windows and displays competition. Vote for your favorites by scanning the QR code at participating businesses. Note: they may be located on the window display or inside at the register. Cast your vote by 10 PM Sunday, Oct. 30. Winners will be announced Halloween day on Town Center’s Instagram and Facebook.
- Haunted Peaks Geocache Mystery Day 2: This is the day that the mystery will be solved and winners announced on Town Center’s Instagram and Facebook.
MONDAY OCT. 31
- Downtown Trick Or Treat Presented By The Big Sky Chamber Of Commerce: Let your little monsters trick or treat downtown businesses and show off their creative Halloween costumes. This is a self guided activity. Stop by the following participating businesses from 12-5 PM: Visit Big Sky, The Hungry Moose Market & Deli, Alder & Tweed, Two Pines Properties, Big Sky Sotheby’s, Grizzly Backcountry Outfitters, Hey Bear/Outlaw Partners, First Security Bank, Big Sky Resort Area District, Center Sky Architecture, Berkshire Hathaway, Homestead Design & Goods, East Slope Outdoors, The Independent MT, Ryan Turner Photography, Trove, Sky Boutique, Courtney Collins Fine Art, Big Sky Build Inc., Natural Retreats, The Rocks Tasting Room & Liquor Store, Faherty, Montana Supply, First Security Bank, Lone Mountain Land Co./Big Sky Real Estate).
- Halloween Costume Dance Party At Tips Up: Show your Halloween spirit, bring your costume A-game and close out the Haunted Peaks Festival in style with a special Halloween set by DJ Take-A-Chance. Music starts at 9 PM.
BOOK ONE OF THE LODGING SPECIALS AT THE WILSON HOTEL FOR HALLOWEEN WEEKEND & STAY DOWNTOWN WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO ALL THE HAUNTED PEAKS ACTIVITIES. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.